Monday, February 2, 2009

Ring the bell

There has been ads on various channels campaigning to stop Domestic Violence(DV) by ringing the bell. I am pretty impressed by the ads. And hope it has positive impact. But it also raises doubts in my mind if it will work. I wonder if the man would answer the bell when it is ringing. Even if someone does, will he not be abusive at the person who is ringing the bell? I got to the Bell Bajao website and see similar question on their blog, no answers yet. http://www.bellbajao.org/blog_details.php?blogid=213. The other question is the campaign is aimed at the middle class and I believe lot of DV here need not be physical and a lot can be mental torture. Silence can also be a torture many times and wonder how one can tackle such situations.

In any case I like the campaign and wish it saves as many women as possible from DV.

No comments: