Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SDM

Mahesha was really sweet. Since I am under house arrest virtually, he got Slumdog CD for me to watch. The only reason I wanted to watch it was, obviously, the awards that are showered on it. Personally, AB's Bhagban left a deeper emotion in me than SDM. Black (a movie that I dint like) left a much stronger feeling. This movie has a happy ending..so was Bhagban. I watched them both at home. Bhagban got tears in my eyes. Here, AB's visit, the child beggars etc somehow failed to bring tears, though I know this could be the hard reality.



May be SDM is made for the west and doesn't move the Indian emotions.

Things I loved,

1. I loved the young Jamal, the twinkle in his eyes is great. Other than him I couldn't connect with any character.
2. Merc minus accessories
3. Brothers dozing on train top with hands held

I think the movie said the story is happening in 2004. Were the news channels they show were available then? Also, not much attn to costume I guess. On the whole the movie can be watched once without getting bored.

No comments: