Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dear Grandma, Get well soon !

I have always shared a love-hate relationship with my grand mom. I love her for everything she has done for me all these years. My career would have come to a naught if not for her. My education went well only because she took care of us . I owe so much in my life to her I don't have words to describe it all. But then being a different gen..I had umpteen differences of opinion.

I donno if I can call her brave or timid. She went and stayed in the North, when no one did it in her family. She braved all odds to bring up my mom and then us. But now she is so frail and I could see fear in her eye. When I turn this old, I guess I will have similar fears. I pray to god she recovers fast and gets home soon. I hate it when doctors and even other patients ask her age and feel she has had a complete life I would love to see her around for another 20 years and hit a century.

1 comment:

bhuvana said...

Spend more time with her and try to share those valuable memories which she has accumulated over the years. That is the best thing you can do for her. I do admire her - not sure if we are even 10% of what she was in her times.

luv
r1