Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Outsider

There are several things I have enjoyed in the past year as I stood outside the full time working women community,
1. I never missed the long commutes and the Bangalore traffic. The days when I had to rush for a training I felt so good that I don't do it everyday.
2. Seeing Aadi score excellent grade in every test made me feel on top of the world. Aadi may still have got excellent grade but I would not have savoured it.
3. Getting to write my blog..I would have never discovered this part of the universe.
4. Enjoying a trip to US with Aadi and Mahesha. This would have never happened otherwise.
5. The coastal Karnataka trip...wow that is something that may not happen too often
6. Nursing my grandmom without worrying about clients.
7. My friends visiting my house more often than before.
8. Me connecting to many old acquaintance who I would have never bothered to catch up with.
9. Opportunity to understanding my family much better
10. Understanding a whole new world of scarcity and survival.

Well there is a lot more and ofcourse I miss a few things like freedom to spend and self indulgance, but I am positive it will be better in coming months.

A special thanks to my good friends diya's mom, r1, g3 and su

2 comments:

ranjani.sathish said...

Hi Nirmalatha
I can so relate to this post. In fact the other day I was telling a friend that a lot of my thinking process has also evolved and I notice this change only in the recent times. I seem to be more "aware" of the world around me. I don't know if it is because I get more time to think these days or just that I have matured with age !

Anyway your post triggered my own thought process :-)

Latha said...

Hey ranjani...nice to see you here. Guess we all grow up and circumstance make us mature ;). I agree I am more "aware" about lot more things around me now, than ever before and every phase in life has made me more resilient. Cudn't call you in the weekend. My mind was a clutter. Hope to catch up with you one of these days...