Friday, February 6, 2009

Grand mom

With 90% of my mind frame occupied with thoughts of my Grand mom... there is nothing else I can think of to pen down...except about old age, family, elder care and everything to do with it. Me being a movie buff, the other thing that keeps popping in my mind is the Oscar nominated movie 'The curious case of Benjamin Button'. I have a mixed feeling about watching it when it comes to India. (Is it out already?)

Old age is definitely second childhood. With diapers, poor memory, liquid food, and all the nursing and care it is second childhood. But it was joyful when you do it for your new born as you know they will grow up one day and all this will stop and there is all hope and happiness. With Elder care it is not something you love to do. There is probably no reversal and things just move from bad to worse. Wonder what is the message God is sending across.

To me it is an awakening. I am thinking about my old age (if i get to live that long). Time to start planning though little late..as they say better late than never. A elder care nursing home today costs 18K+med exp+hospital exp. A home care unskilled is about 6K + food and acco+ ofcourse the medicine bills.

So wonder what that would be in about 30 to 40 years..may be I will need it much earlier.

No comments: