Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Story Time - Quality Time

There is one thing that has become better since I quit my job, that is the "Quality time" that I and my son spend with each other. I know Ranjani hates this phrase. But I still want to use it ;). The time I spend with aadi goes in doing similar things as before , but the Quality has improved a lot. Like normal kids Aadi hates the Home Work time and loooves story time. He is eager to go to bed as he can listen to some crap that I spin everyday.

Thanks to Saffron tree I get leeds for my own stories. I have this starting trouble on my story line and Saffron tree helps me with a beginning. My son had heard my version of Tops and Bottoms, The relatives came and some others. I spice it up to his taste as there are no visuals for him from the book.

Yesterday was the best, I din know where to start (as usual) and aadi is learning about names in his school. So we started of saying "ondhu oorali ondhu hudaga idha" (There was a boy in a town) and I dint know what to name that boy and called him dumbu dimbu dumbo. My son caught me immediately and said dumbo is a bad word and forced me to drop it from the name. Then we slowly moved to a paddy field and from there I had a choice to go either into "Alice in wonderland" or into "Wizard of Oz". I chose the later and my son went laughing to the bed, He loves scare crow and Tin Man and also all the vegetables I added to the story. I donno if the original wud have made him laugh so much. We learnt a lot about vegetables :).

And the best part is I can wake up my son in the morning by reminding him the story from previous night and he is out of the bed in a Jiffy. No more struggles to pull him from the bed. Its a win win for both of us. Our time together has indeed become quality time.

2 comments:

sathish said...

Hi, That post about "quality time" was by me! (not ranjani!)

Latha said...

Hey Sathish...I stand corrected...