Friday, March 14, 2008

Attitudes

Today has been bad from the start. In a way it started late last night. I tried booking an appointment online and it was not getting completed. Tried several times and failed, same story this morning. I was getting impatient. Calling up the help desk dint help either and I was asked to visit their office.

In between I was tracking the staus of another transaction I am doing and that is also flagged red. I lost my cool. Then I checked one of my grades that got released today and was totally disappointed. With this mindset I left to infantry road to get help for online appointment. My frustration was reaching its peak and I kept repeating to myself to keep cool. The help I could get on reaching the infantry road office is that they cant help and I should visit a cyber cafe to complete my transaction. It blew my fuse.

Now I was waiting to pounce on anyone who I can..so it was the autowala and the cybercafe lady. I kept reminding it is no fault of theirs and it was just destiny. Finally at the cyber cafe my appointment got done & I felt marginally better. Then came the train booking...another fiasco. My money has been deducted but no ticket. I decided it was heights and I need someone to vent it out. The only one I could think of was my mom. Someone I can always bank on.

I felt much better after our talk and then decided to give a break to everything and went for a nap. When I woke up I had regained my senses and thought I need to get control of the situation, I cant loose a beautiful day on these silly things. So I have drawn an action plan to take care of my pending issues and move on.

I guess life is as bad or as good depending on our attitude towards it. If we cant take control of a situation mentally it takes control on us. I am reminded of a story I once read in chandamama as a kid.

Karna was Krishna's favourite even though he took to the side of the Pandavas in reality. Yudhishtra & Arjuna were not happy about this. They asked Krishna why he liked Karna better. He told them it was because of his attitue, his virtue and the large heart with which he served the needy. Arjuna was not convinced. So Krishna turned two mountains into mountain of gold and asked arjuna to distribute it before sunset to anyone who needs. It was late in the evening when Krishna met Arjuna and he had hardly distributed any, as he was busy digging it into portions and distrbuting it to people who came by.

Krishna asked Karna to do the same task and two men came across to Karna asking help and he distributed each one a mountain. And lo in a second the task was DONE!

We can agree or disagree about what Karna did, but his attitute sets him a class apart...

No comments: