Friday, March 21, 2008

The sound of silence

For last two days I have been going to bed pretty late...The slight drizzle thatz been on has made the Bangalore weather beautiful. Not too much sun and not too much cold. The perfect Bangalore weather. Something I always love at Bangalore. Normally when I am working late I have my TV on for company but yesterday I had not; with the fan off and no major sound around I heard the silence, the absolute silence of night.

I just steped out to see the night sky from my balcony. At 1 am... it was fantastic. With the moon right on top of my head, couple of clouds moving away in a hurry to find their friends and a big night bird / bat flying in the sky to get some fruits, the 3 bright stars near the moon ... It was a almost perfect night, except I was reminded that I stayed in a city when I heard a water pump motor buzzing somewhere and the street lights filling the streets with their yellow beams to compete with cool white light from the moon.

On the whole I was struck by the beauty of the night sky. I was reminded of the other long due little something I wanted to do. I need to get a telescope soon...I see that my son also loves to know all about the planets, I guess the night sky is something I and my son can explore togther...and also hear the sound of silence.

1 comment:

Ed Vis said...

Latha, your blogs are very captivating and touching.

Please go on writing. I always find peace and joy, when ever I write. In 1984, I started writing paragraph by paragraph and by 1988 it became a 400 pages manuscript about Hinduism.

Take care
aamiahindu@yahoo.com