Monday, March 24, 2008

Race ..to where?

After Jodha Akbar my hopes on hindi movie increased and I agreed to go for Race with Mahesha and Aadi. Aadi was expecting some great car chases and started asking for the cars from scene 1. He was temporarily satisfied when he saw some horses race, but not for long.

While I was still trying to figure out what the movie was about, I asked Mahesha about the newspaper rating and he said it was 31/2 stars. So I kept my hopes alive. The movie had everything that seems to sell nowadays with our crowd. I dont remember a single song that I may hum after the movie. With skin show abondon, I realised it was time I do not bring aadi to A rated movies.

He was bored that there were too many songs ..after vantage point the previous day the contrast effect was evident on all three of us. Both movies has twists in the tale but in Race I wasnt sure even sure if I wanted to sit till the end. Why glorify crime to this extent. Just because the movie is set outside India doesnt mean they can glorify crime & show that police officers are easy to bribe and insurance money is up for cheating.

I guess somewhere the director or producer or somebody was feeling responsible. They could not tell that the elder brother was ready to kill the younger one and they inserted a dialog saying I never planted any bomb on his car and he got killed himself blah blah blah...guess they needed a saving grace somewhere. Just because hollywood movies like oceans 11 glorify crime does not mean we do movies like Race, where there is no class.

Thankfully aadi got a bit of car chase at the end of the movie. He was confused if he liked the movie or not. But I am sure this movie will sell. But people like me will be wondering in the theatre what did they expect from such a movie...Moral of the story...crime and skin sell here.

No comments: