Monday, March 17, 2008

Changing Times

The last few years I have seen this place change from bad to good to great. The first time I visited here, I hated it. Those were the days when I used to love the "quite" Indira Nagar. I came here to visit a relative and the main road was nothing but a mud road and all colored RED. With lot of slush from the rain, the place was a mess. By the time we reached this place all my energy was drained.

To top it as a newly wed I had to be put on a forceful smile all the time. I was feeling like a fish out of water. Slowly Banglore has changed and today being on the road for 2 to 2.5 hrs a day is normal. We bangaloreans are a brave lot. We have learnt how to enjoy the traffic (we get to use it as an excuse evertime we are late for meetings :) ) and love the crowded malls....

We know how to catch a good seat in the McDonald or Transit or the KFC and get a bite of the fav snack. Watch the fantasitic first day shows in the multiplex. With limited recreation we have become quite innovative.

The Best of the lot is coffee shops. Our favourite family hangout is the crossword book shop on Residency Road. All three of us love it for different reasons. Aadi loves it the most for the Coffee Day attached to it. He even calls the place as coffee day book shop. He loves the Croissants there..yummy. Mahesha ofcourse loves the place for books & the coffee to go with it and I like the place for its ambience. A nice way to get lost in the books & music.

This weekend I just stepped out of my house and what I get to see is a nicely decked up new Cafe Coffee Day outlet, just 2 minutes walk from my house. I was thrilled. Not that i am a great coffee buff. But having a cafe coffee day, means a lot.
1. We need not brave the traffic to go to a decent hang out
2. Mahesha can get his cappuccino when ever he needs one
3. My son would be thrilled to have his fav coffee day next door.

And the most important of all, it shows "my part of the city" has arrived and it is not that sleepy place with muddy roads.

I am loving this place, more than ever.

No comments: