Monday, January 12, 2009

மணல் கயிறு

மணல் கயிறு - One of the Tamil movies I loved a lot during my school days . Kittu puts 8 conditions that are to be satisfied by his bride, who his family will be picking for him. Obviously the girl whom he ends up marrying satisfies none and this lead to a hilarious and thought provoking drama.

I was watching the Telugu version of the same the other day. When I watched the movie many years back I was all supportive for the lead lady who doesn't meet the conditions, but happens to be docile and well mannered. When I watched it this time, though I enjoyed the humour I dint like the motive.

Even today a marriage is a life long commitment in any society. Though divorce is a possibility, the aim is to lead a HAPPY married life and not a aim at divorce. Making promises and not keeping them makes minds incompatible. And it takes a lot of effort to turn around such marriages and I guess such marriages just becomes marriage of (in)convenience in long run and affects everyone in that family. It is surprising to see Kittu accepting his wife so easily. Will it happen in real life?

I saw more elements of reality in KJo's Kabhi Alvidaa Naa kehana for that matter.

No comments: