Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rat-a-duet

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

After a good 2 week vacation its going to be back to the good ol' routine for Aadi and Mahesha. But, I need to start looking out for routine. My work for next couple of days have been set, all thanks to the rat we have been spotting off and on in our house. We had though we managed to chase it out once, but we were wrong.

The Jerries (T&J), Remmies (Ratatouille) and Stuarts (Stuart Little) look good in TV / Big screen but definitely not welcome in my house. When we left for Mysore last week I believe my unwelcome guest had made himself comfortable in the balcony and I had closed all the shutters and the garbage was obviously empty, leaving the little guest all hungry. He had managed to live on chewing my sons school shoes and guess it was not tasty or it dint give him his energy.

He had then climbed into our bathroom and gnawed on the bathroom door and made enough room to escape into our bedroom. I am sure after that he found enough food to stay alive and healthy.

When we returned home last night I was shocked to see heap of all the wooden pieces near my bathroom door and let out a war cry against the little enemy. By around 2 AM I heard screams in my house and I saw Mahesha and my Father-in-Law standing in the hall with brooms and talking strategy. I quickly ram inside the bedroom locked the door and snuggled near Aadi and waited.

I heard some major noise in our kitchen and later heard the victory cry. This time the rat was officially dead. What provoked a 2 am battle? Well I guess the RAT did not realise the humans were back to their territory and it ran on my FIL. That was the end.

But the dead rat doesn't mean RIP. I have a strong doubt that a RAT family may be in my storage. I need to get the whole place cleaned up and I am gonna be busy atleast for next couple of days. If more followup is needed I am gonna be busy much longer. he he hee.

No comments: