Monday, November 3, 2008

Why have a censor board??

I am a great fan of Bond movies...I am waiting to go for Quantum of Solace. Yesterday I was seeing a trailer and suddenly a Qn popped up in my mind. Why do we have Censor Boards in India? I checked with Mahesha and if he is right many countries dont have Censor Boards. They have ratings but no boards which proposes CUTS. If we can have Magazines, Books and other entertainments without a Censor Board. Why for movies? Why not just give it a rating? Just beyond U, A...like PG, PG-13 etc, instead of cutting scenes. Do Indian audience need such baby sitting?

3 comments:

bhuvana said...

just like the last time wante to see the Quantum of Solace with yourself and g3

r1

Prasad said...

It 's getting shorter and less frequent...I am sooooooo disappointed

sathish said...

that is a very valid question...