Friday, November 14, 2008

Bully

I had not heard this word during student days and studying in a girls convent school might have protected me from the bullies. But, Last 5 years at work and socially as the peck order had settled, it had become increasingly difficult to create my own space. I think one of the big reasons for leaving both my previous employers was also that I started feeling constrained and being pushed around. Not respected for what I did and others taking "undue" advantage of who I was, was a really huge problem. As I settled in this new role there has been many compromises...but one thing that myself and my partner have felt in common is not letting others to bully us or take undue advatage, it has been highly liberating. But, I still want to know how to survive in the corporate world without feeling obliged to say yes..and not feeling pushed around or bullied.

1 comment:

bhuvana said...

I guess you need to be a bull yourself :-)

r1