Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Where is the President?

It started with Aadi's Value Education homework. Very simple one, paste India's current President and PMs photos from the News Paper. I had disposed my old Newspapers and I had paper only from Nov. After a quick skim of the 20+ days Newspapers (ToI and Economic Times) and few Mags ,I got couple of pictures of our PM.

I expected any news to do with our Prez will be in Page 1. But I found none and I could find tons of Obama photos, I could find Advani, HDK, Yeddi, Daniel Graig and so many others...But not Madam Perz and it was quite a shock.

The first Prez I remember was Ghyani Zail Singh and he was always in Papers (Hindu) and on DD. Venkataraman, Shankar Dhayal Sharma and KRN were all seen in media time to time and Ofcourse I could find our dear Abdul Kalam's photo even now. But why not Madam Prathiba Patil, our first women President.

There was so much halla gulla when Mrs. Clinton was running for US Presidency and when Obama became prez...Indian Press wanted to know when we will get a Dalit PM. But, why media shies away from our Honourable Madam??

PS: I found a photo of Madam Prez in Page 3 :( which reported her recent visit to Bangalore.

1 comment:

bhuvana said...

Fantastic - can see that you are back in form now. Keep going.

r1