Monday, June 30, 2008

Best Vs Right

Many times I see shops, organizations, education institute using the term best of breed. I as an individual go for branded items over local maal, only till I am assured the quality and service is same across, then I don't hesitate to move towards the local maal. As I keep thinking more about leafsol, and how to go forward, what strikes me a lot is the argument of Best vs Right.

When I bought my first car, I had a set of constraints and requirements, just like any product / services demand in the market. I wanted something that I can afford, was economical, not necessarily look for a loan, can navigate B'lore roads easily and something that can give me the comforts of a car. Since the nano of nineties, our good ol' 800, it was our immediate choice.

We never thought of Zen. Zen met all the above criteria and also projected a class image that 800 didn't give. But then having 800 in itself gave us a definite image in my family which was sufficient and so I went for it and am happy till date. Similar was the case when we needed a Sedan we went for VFM model Indigo and a petrol version as we stayed in city most of the time.

Having a super dude on the team is not essential, but the right dude ...YES. So having the "best fit" is all that matters and not the "best of breed". I am sure that's what India needs now :).

No comments: