Saturday, June 21, 2008

Its tough to be GOD

One of my favorite Jim Carrey movies is Bruce Almighty. Isnt it tough to be GOD. So many wishes and so little time.

I was seeing a bill board ad at Makeri circle. It was in Kanada and I couldn't read it. But I knew what the ad was about. There is some kind of pooja in the Palace at the palace grounds tomorrow for Tirupati Venkateshwara swami. I came to know of it from my Uncle and Aunt who got free pass for it. The best part was, they got the passes from a total stranger. So they feel God has blessed them in some way. I too think so, else why would a stranger give then passes.

They are not the most perfect humans and I have been having many complaints about them. But, I am sure they have been lucky and GOD choose to listen to them, in the little time he has, which he shares with the 6 billion humans and millions of other creatures.

Many times I think he can manage this only because he comes in several forms, like Vishnu, Siva, Krishna, Durga, Lakshmi, Saraswathi, Father of Christ, Allah etc. I really appreciate that we Hindus were able to assign different responsibilities to diff rent deities, making life marginally easy for our dear god.

And as these thoughts kept popping in my mind, my unease I had since last week has vanished and I kind of got a hang on what to do next in my Career. Well GOD was listening to me too. mmmm that's good.

I hear there is a sequel coming for Bruce Almighty, but no Jim Carrey in it...hmmm that's a bit disappointing.

No comments: