Sunday, July 6, 2008

aadi's first pet

Aadi has been looking forward to have his own pet. His initial pick was dog. All the nice movies show them friendly, loving and best of all 'can perform tricks', since having a dog meant high maintenance, I was not too much for it. Also, I am a cat loving person. But, then cats were also no no as we stayed in apartment.

Finally, we have settled for FISH. Hoping it is low maintenance and also, it can answer those umpteen questions aadi has on vegetarianism. He was asking "my friends say egg is good for health, why don't we eat?". Well, we are vegetarians..thatz all was my explanation. Sometimes i think I should give him the choice to eat egg. hmm I donno, I am not ready for it.

Now we have 5 pairs of fishy...aadi has named them sharky, zebra, goldie, sky and blackie. All in pairs. We got them home yesterday and we had the first casualty today. I guess one of the sharky could not stand the water change and I am hoping the other survive. We replaced the dead one, so that the other sharky doesn't feel lonely.

But, it was a sad experience for all 3 of us to see the fishy dead. Hoping we will have the rest survive. I also found this very informative site for anyone looking to have fish as pets, http://www.algone.com/ .

2 comments:

Latha said...

Update:
Most of the fishy died in next few days. But two brave blackie has survivied...

Unknown said...

How is Blackie doing? Any additions to the fishy? Aadi must be loving them...