Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back...

Back after the whrilwind tour. A lot happened in just less than 78 hours.


Chennai has not changed much in 8 years. I was intially surprised to see that there is no MALL culture in Chennai. But later it all made sense. In place where Saravana Stores is a cultural symbol, it will be difficult to have Forums and Garuda. I also liked the fact that the anna salai stretch dint have mordern glass buildings. It was a refreshing sight in comparison to our MG Road, where all hertigae buildings like hotel Victoria, Cavery Jn are now replaced with mordern steel and glass buildings.


Aslo, another good thing was seeing Mahesha away from his computer. He was relaxed & took care of everything. With my tension rising all the time it was great to see him cool. Aadi loved the beach. He would have played there all day. Next time, any beach trip, I should plan better so that aadi gets all the time he wants in water.


I missed a few things this time in Chennai. Couldn't take the Suburban Train. That's one thing aadi should experience. Hoping there will be another time in Chennai, when we will take the train. The other thing I missed was T-Nagar and Ranganathan St shopping. I saw my college campus, from outside. Would have been nice to get inside and show aadi where I studied.


One thing I will really cherish from the trip is the autograph I got from PBS. He was really sweet and also gave us a picture oppurtunity with him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to know that you all made it to the beach! Could not believe that you met PBS! Cool! Good to see him in the pic.. Play some of his songs for Aadi.. Glad to hear that Chennai still has it's culture intact!