Sunday, July 27, 2008

revival of reading...

The first fiction that I read was Pride and Prejudice when I was doing my graduation. Till then either I dint have access to books or no time to read anything, other than school books. Till date this book has remained my favourite. I liked the Indian version movie with Ash.. just for the reason that it was a lift off from PnP.

During my PG days Di introduced me to lending library ( a concept I never knew existed..hmm real frog in the village well). The toughest read was fountain head by Ayn Rand. I could not relate with the ideas and feelings expressed by the protagonist. I attempted reading the book several times and kept the book for almost a month and couldn't do much...except the rental library started sending me postcards reminding that the book was overdue. I finally gave up.

The other book that caught my attention was Picture This by Joseph Heller, yes this is the same author who wrote the famous catch 22. I couldn't complete the book for some reason, but I want to read it some day...I was so impressed with the little I read, I bought catch 22 when I saw it in a Mysore Book shop. Unfortunately it is one of those long list of books that I have bought but yet to read.

Mahesha and me share the passion for books. I wish I pursue this hobby more aggressively than today. Of late there has been severe power cuts in B'lore. It meant one good thing, no TV for time pass, so I have gone back to books and finished two books recently. Both are fictions, and I enjoyed thoroughly. Deception point, though unrealistic, it was quite engaging. Stone Cold by David Baldacci was the other book, similar book, not realistic but engaging. I usually like narration which has parallel tracks that merge at the end of a book.

I am hoping I can pull & start reading those 'many books' that I have collected and never read.

No comments: