Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mr and Mrs Bridge


I love watching movies on TV. My fav channels include HBO, Star movies, Sony Pix, Zee movies and channels where I get to watch English sitcoms and ofcourse, news channels and other channels like dicovery. For some reason I prefer these channels to regional ones. I have nothing against them its just that my preferences ....

I chanced on this movie last night and found it quite intresting. The movie shows the emotions of Mr and Mrs Bridge, to the ways their 2 daughters and only son adopt the new ways of life. Adopting unconventional profession, marrying a person not from their society, trying to understand "reproduction" and also serving the forces, even when not called for by the Govt.

Though set in 1930s I felt it resembelled a lot of what India and Indian middle class has been going through in the 90s and in the new century. Kids today want to experiment everything and decide for themselves. This includes my 6 year old! Will write all about his latest friendship saga soon :).

Coming back to the topic, I see my parents were just like the Bridges. 2 daughters and a son who gave them tougher times than what you see in the movie. Today we are all (almost) settled in our lives, but still giving them hard time. Guess this is what evolution is...Darwin can you please validate and let us know.

I am sure I am going to be more in shock when my kid grows up....

No comments: