Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Amazing Niagara...







This is one trip I would remember for several reasons, the foremost ofcourse is the beautful and amazing Niagara...I dint know that Niagara was a falls on a strait between two lakes. I always thought lakes were one big pool of water and never imagined that two lakes can be connected through one of the biggest falls in the world .

aadi enjoyed the trip most...And I fell sick after my retun, guess the water dint suit me ;). So, had to delay my post.

The trip was quite eventful. When we left from Atlanta, delta had overbooked seats so we were on seat request. I dont understand this funda. We were on tenterhooks till the last moment and finally a old couple were ready to take the delta offer and dint board and we got onto to the plane.

Then at Buffalo we missed our motel sign and had to roam around for almost an hour to find it. With all these misadventures we decided to make most on day1 and be as early as possible on day2 at the airport...we dint want to miss our flight back, with my sis alone in atlanta and the Tornado warnings, meant we need to reach home as soon as possible. But, this meant 6 hrs of waiting at the airport. Just before we were to get onto our flight, there was an announcement about security breach and we had to go thru the security check all over again and thus delaying our flight.

Well all this hardship does fade away when I think of the magnificient Niagara. I could have planned better by taking Canadian Visa. The view is great when you face the falls than when you are behind the falls (obviously). I liked the view when we were on the maid of the mist ride, I can imagine how Canada gets to make more money by selling the beauty that is on American side..so ironical.


On the whole it is worthful to visit Niagara. With limited budget I cudn't make to NY city. Hoping there is another day, another trip. Looking forward to Orlando trip, next week.

2 comments:

Uma said...

Hi Aadi puttu,

How r u? r u enjoying America Trip?
We miss u a lot.

Latha said...

Hi Uma,
Aadi is having good time...Hope to catchup w/ u guys some time soon...