Monday, September 1, 2008

idea...in a box

I was just browsing thru all I have written on Jasmine Summer, since this year beginning. Couple of things stuck me.
1. Humor has totally vanished from my words....hmmm that's not a good sign
2. No more comments :( ... Well like any other mortal some outside support will help. Even my best friends have stopped commenting...

Then my thoughts started moving towards the humor factor. Leafsol work has definitely taken its toll. My free form of thinking... And it all became clear, too clear, as why me and Rita are struggling. Well, I have a formula now...need to bounce off with Rita and see if it will work.

My thoughts jumped to how I have been branded as an innovative person at office :). We had this task force..which had to force people to think innovative. hmmmm so innovative! So there are these standard phrases that are associated with such task force. One, IDEA JAM. Two, IDEA BOX.

So it was Idea Box to collect 'out of the box' ideas. I am sure you know what it means!! So the rally began. All the Managers ensured the team members did some out of box thinking...after couple of (multiple) reminders. Then another task force opened the hard thought of ideas and tried hard to evaluate.

By the time the ideas were evaluated...one whole year had passed and I don't remember if the winning idea ever came out of the box and saw day light in implementation.

It is almost like history repeating....I have been trying to think out of box since last December. With 9 solid months rolling off, I can clearly see why I cant strike gold. Its time I stopped boxing myself and forcing myself to get an idea in a box.

No comments: